Minnesota Center for Psychology offers an aftercare group for DBT clients who have completed level 1 DBT skills training, yet would benefit from continued participation in a group setting. Group members will have opportunities for advanced learning and application of DBT skills in a less structured group that promotes transition to higher level interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and mindfulness.
The group is held weekly on Wednesdays from 10-11:30am at MCP.
Participation in group is contingent upon the client meeting all of the following criteria:
- Graduation from a DBT skills group or program with the approval of the group and/or current individual therapist
- Minimum of 6 months without self-injurious behavior (SIB), suicidal behaviors/threats, and hospitalization
- Minimum of 6 months without major therapy interfering behavior (TIB), including group interfering behavior
- Minimum of 6 months displaying a pattern of willing and active use of DBT skills
- Commitment to attend group at least 90% of the time
- Commitment to participate in ongoing individual therapy concurrent with group
- Appropriate insurance coverage and/or a commitment to pay all out-of-pocket expenses
Most types of insurance are accepted, as is private pay. Please contact your insurance company to determine your level of coverage. For more information or to make a referral, please contact Ben Berg, Mental Health Practitioner, at Minnesota Center for Psychology (651-644-4100 x151).